Re: [nslu2-general] Re: noob running perl scripts from cron on the unslung -

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2007
      On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 06:42:18AM -0500, James Dougherty wrote:
      > Am I correct to believe that I need to get my install to be able to execute
      > from a ./ before I can make it a cron job?

      If you have perl simple.pl working that is enough. Just put
      /usr/bin/perl /path/to/simple.pl in as your cron command.

      By the way, for security, cron runs commands in a reduced
      environment. Even if your program runs from the command line you
      might still have problems if it makes assumptions about the path,
      the current directory, or other environmental issues.

      You might want to verify that /usr/bin/perl is really the right
      path to perl. Run 'which perl' from the command line to find the
      correct path.

      John
    • James Dougherty
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 14, 2007