Re: Can I use NSLU2 to send WOL to local PC from internet?

  • Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2007
      i believe so try this package out i think it will do the trick

      perl-wakeonlan i think you can run ipkg install perl-wakeonlan

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "pinyilde" <pinyilde@...> wrote:

      > My router does not support or provide for sending Wake On LAN (WOL)
      > packets to a local PC from the Internet so I'm wondering about the
      > feasibility of remoting into an NSLU2 and getting it to send the WOL
      > packet. Any suggestions on how this could be done?

    • phinas
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2007
        One way that I did it was to install the php mod and run this script.

        <?php

        function WakeOnLan($mac)
        {

        // Create Magic Packet

        for($i=0;$i<6;$i++)
        $packet .= chr(255);

        $mac_byte = explode(':', $mac);

        for($i=0;$i<6;$i++)
        $mac_addr .= chr(hexdec($mac_byte[$i]));

        for($i=0;$i<16;$i++)
        $packet .= $mac_addr;

        // Set to UDP broadcast

        $sock = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, SOL_UDP);
        socket_set_option($sock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_BROADCAST, TRUE);
        socket_sendto($sock, $packet, strlen($packet), 0, '255.255.255.255', 9);

        socket_close($sock);

        return;

        }

        WakeOnLan("00:00:B8:FF:AA:96");