uplsug2 - zImage size too large or too small

  • msage6146
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2007
      Hi all,

      I have had a quick search on the web (incl. this group) and was
      wondering if you could help me with this question.

      My intention is to have openslug running on my nslu2 and this is my
      first attempt at using anything other that the readymade .bin file

      Having followed the various resources on the website I have been able
      to compile a "zImage-nslu2be" kernel image and a
      "slugos=bag-nslu2-(datetime).rootfs.jffs2" filesystem with Debian,
      using the makefile and the *.tar.gz approach rather than monotone.

      When I have tried to use uplsug2 to flash the slug I recieve the
      following error "zImage-nslu2be: file too large or too small: fatal
      error [N10NSLU2Image9FileErrorE]"

      The size of the zImage-nslu2be is 1 MB I am therefore asking what is
      the correct size the zImage should be? or I guess, have I missed out
      anything crucial?

      Any help or pointers would be appreciated

      Thank you in advance

      Mike