Slow NSLU2 generating "wrong" TCP packets
- I've just got an NSLU2 and updated it to R63.
When making transfers from it using FTP I get very slow transfer rates
This happens both if the receiving machine uses a wired network
(100mbit) connection and a wireless (802.11b) connection.
Using SMB does not seems faster at all: about 1/2 an hour for 700MB
Using wireshark on the destination machine I noticed a lot of "TCP
segment of a reassembled PDU" looking around i found a post stating
that this may be related to the speed problem.
The NSLU2 is connected directly to a Gigabit unmanaged switch that
connects to a DWL2000+ for the wireless connection.
So the wired chain is: NSLU2->GE switch->eth-usb adapter->notebook
(built-in network died)
The wireless chain is: NSLU2->GE switch->DWL2000+ ->notebook
(integrated intel 2100)
Speed getting the data with my MacMini is in the same league.
The NSLU2 is connected to a Maxtor OneTouch III mini edition that in
my office runs at about 22MBytes/s when connected to the desktop.
Any suggestion for fix or additional checks is welcome