NSLU2 for music streaming to a Soundbridge

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      Asking this on behalf of someone else

      They are wanting to stream music from a NAS device to a Pinnacle
      Soundbridge, instead of having a full size server on

      I suggested the NSLU2 with unslung/similar and something like mt-daap

      The only problem is, will this handle/work with the DRM on napster
      files?

      Anyone had any experience of this?

      Cheers

      Sam
    • bloedmann999
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Sam" <sam@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Asking this on behalf of someone else
        >
        > They are wanting to stream music from a NAS device to a Pinnacle
        > Soundbridge, instead of having a full size server on
        >
        > I suggested the NSLU2 with unslung/similar and something like mt-daap
        >
        > The only problem is, will this handle/work with the DRM on napster
        > files?
        >
        > Anyone had any experience of this?
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Sam

        Hi,
        I am doing this with normal unprotected mp3 files using Twonkyvision
        or Firefly. As I have no DRM protected files I cannot tell you if that
        would work or not. Sorry.

        The soundbridge manual says the following:

        I. Music Server Software Requirements
        SoundBridge is designed to act as a remote client for several kinds of
        music libraries, including
        Windows Media Connect, Firefl y Media Server, Rhapsody, Musicmatch and
        TwonkyVision
        MusicServer. You can also play WMA and DRM WMA fi les purchased from
        popular online music
        stores such as Napster.™ (Apple's policy does not allow SoundBridge to
        support playback of
        protected AAC fi les purchased from the iTunes Music Store.)

        There is an official soundbridge support webpage from Pinnacle, also
        with a FAQ. Try looking there.

        Cheers Brian
      • meisam_ras2020
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2007