NSLU2 : Ready/Status LED is orange

  • nothing.here67000
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2007

      I've try to flash my nslu2 last night. I was ill, so I don't read all
      the page correctly ... :(

      I've used linksys update firmware web page and I've try to apply this
      firmware : http://cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/files/sda1-2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch2

      It was a very very very bad idea ... :(
      I've not used upslug2, thats the error.

      Now my status led is always orange...

      I can go in "firmware update mode" (led is alternating : orange and
      green), but I can't find my nslu2 on my network (upslug2 error : [no
      NSLU2 machines found in upgrade mode])

      I've try (I'm under Debian) :
      #netdiscover -i eth1 -r 192.168.0.0/16
      and it found all computers on my network.
      But Nslu2 is not here anymore ...

      I've try by changing my computer IP to 192.168.1.76 (if nslu2 was
      192.168.1.77), but no slu2 here ...

      Any tips ?

      Please, help me ...

      Thanks.
    • pizzulicchio1981
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2007
        you have to use this procedure to reflash your NSLU2

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/UpSlug2
        It will be founded with the mac address in your LAN.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "nothing.here67000"