Re: [nslu2-general] Custom NSLU2 application

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2007
      On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 19:53 +0000, ruhkick wrote:

      > We would like to use the NSLU2 to stream video from a digital USB
      > camera at 30 fps to a HDD.

      How much data is the camera going to generate?

      That depends on the frame rate as well as the resolution
      and the format in which it streams.

      > Is the NSLU2 fast enough?

      It probably is as long as the stream is far below the 3 MB/s.

      > Are the USB ports 'High Speed'?

      Yes.

      > This will be used in a UAV and the data retrieved via the network
      > connection.

      If you retrieve the data at the same time as you store it you
      loose again band with to the retrieve process.

      In that case the camera is limited to 2 MB/s.

      --
      marceln