RE: [nslu2-general] Re: dstat utility

  • Piotr Mackowiak
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2007
      But loot to the result if one of coreutils usage. code

      -bash-3.2# uptime
      uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory

      What the problem is?

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 10, 2007
        On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 22:55 +0000, Brian Zhou wrote:

        > Yeah, #!/opt/bin/python is a better idea.

        I have changed it.

        --
        marceln
      • Brian Zhou
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 10, 2007
          From strace, coreutils uptime is looking to read eith /var/run/utmpx
          or /var/run/utmp, those files do not exist on unslung. The coreutils
          uptime is working fine on other optware platforms.

          Not a big problem though, you can install procps, which has a working
          uptime. Or use "/opt/bin/busybox uptime".

          -Brian Zhou

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Mackowiak"
          <mackowiakp@...> wrote:

          > But loot to the result if one of coreutils usage. code
          >
          > -bash-3.2# uptime
          > uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory
          >
          > What the problem is?
          >
          > _____

        • Piotr Mackowiak
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2007
            THX after installing procps works fine !

            _____

            <mackowiakp@...> wrote:

            > But loot to the result if one of coreutils usage. code
            >
            > -bash-3.2# uptime
            > uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory
            >
            > What the problem is?
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From: nslu2-general@ <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com