Re: [nslu2-general] Re: dstat utility

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2007
      On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 17:26 +0000, Brian Zhou wrote:

      > Optware coreutils for unslung will install /usr/bin/env and link it to
      > /opt/bin/env. So the easiest workaround is to "ipkg install
      > coreutils". I've added coreutils to dstat dependencies on unslung. The
      > coreutils is one of the few packages I always install anyway.

      Thanks for the quick fix.

      Maybe we should fix this by correcting the "#!/usr/bin/env python"
      with "#!/opt/bin/python" because as packagers we know that we want
      that python binary.

      What do you think is the best fix?

      --
      marceln
    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2007
        Yeah, #!/opt/bin/python is a better idea.

        -Brian Zhou

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 17:26 +0000, Brian Zhou wrote:
        >
        > > Optware coreutils for unslung will install /usr/bin/env and link it to
        > > /opt/bin/env. So the easiest workaround is to "ipkg install
        > > coreutils". I've added coreutils to dstat dependencies on unslung. The
        > > coreutils is one of the few packages I always install anyway.
        >
        > Thanks for the quick fix.
        >
        > Maybe we should fix this by correcting the "#!/usr/bin/env python"
        > with "#!/opt/bin/python" because as packagers we know that we want
        > that python binary.
        >
        > What do you think is the best fix?
        >
        > --
        > marceln

      • Piotr Mackowiak
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2007
          But loot to the result if one of coreutils usage. code

          -bash-3.2# uptime
          uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory

          What the problem is?

          _____

          --- In nslu2-general@ <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

          > On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 17:26 +0000, Brian Zhou wrote:
          >
          > > Optware coreutils for unslung will install /usr/bin/env and link it to
          > > /opt/bin/env. So the easiest workaround is to "ipkg install
          > > coreutils". I've added coreutils to dstat dependencies on unslung. The
          > > coreutils is one of the few packages I always install anyway.
          >
          > Thanks for the quick fix.
          >
          > Maybe we should fix this by correcting the "#!/usr/bin/env python"
          > with "#!/opt/bin/python" because as packagers we know that we want
          > that python binary.
          >
          > What do you think is the best fix?
          >
          > --
          > marceln

        • Marcel Nijenhof
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2007
            On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 22:55 +0000, Brian Zhou wrote:

            > Yeah, #!/opt/bin/python is a better idea.

            I have changed it.

            --
            marceln
          • Brian Zhou
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 10, 2007
              From strace, coreutils uptime is looking to read eith /var/run/utmpx
              or /var/run/utmp, those files do not exist on unslung. The coreutils
              uptime is working fine on other optware platforms.

              Not a big problem though, you can install procps, which has a working
              uptime. Or use "/opt/bin/busybox uptime".

              -Brian Zhou

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Mackowiak"
              <mackowiakp@...> wrote:

              > But loot to the result if one of coreutils usage. code
              >
              > -bash-3.2# uptime
              > uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory
              >
              > What the problem is?
              >
              > _____

            • Piotr Mackowiak
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 10, 2007
                THX after installing procps works fine !

                _____

                <mackowiakp@...> wrote:

                > But loot to the result if one of coreutils usage. code
                >
                > -bash-3.2# uptime
                > uptime: couldn't get boot time: No such file or directory
                >
                > What the problem is?
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From: nslu2-general@ <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>
                yahoogroups.com