Custom NSLU2 application

  • ruhkick
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2007
      We would like to use the NSLU2 to stream video from a digital USB
      camera at 30 fps to a HDD. Is the NSLU2 fast enough? Are the USB
      ports 'High Speed'? This will be used in a UAV and the data retrieved
      via the network connection. Thank you.
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2007
        On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 19:53 +0000, ruhkick wrote:

        > We would like to use the NSLU2 to stream video from a digital USB
        > camera at 30 fps to a HDD.

        How much data is the camera going to generate?

        That depends on the frame rate as well as the resolution
        and the format in which it streams.

        > Is the NSLU2 fast enough?

        It probably is as long as the stream is far below the 3 MB/s.

        > Are the USB ports 'High Speed'?

        Yes.

        > This will be used in a UAV and the data retrieved via the network
        > connection.

        If you retrieve the data at the same time as you store it you
        loose again band with to the retrieve process.

        In that case the camera is limited to 2 MB/s.

        --
        marceln