Re: [nslu2-general] NSLU2 won't power on (power light flashes)

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      hugow_w wrote:
      > I seem to be having serious problems with my slug. I came back from a
      > vacation and found my slug turned off and I can't seem to get it up
      > and running again.
      >
      > When I press the power button it just flashes once. All the leds on
      > the top (ready/status, ethernet, etc) stay completely turned off. The
      > flashing of the power button only occurs when I unplug the power
      > supply and plug it back in. After that it doesn't do anything anymore.

      Hmm - it seems you are not alone. I have a development slug which
      exhibits the same behaviour. One thing I have noted is that the
      internal 3.3V supply rail (measured at the point where I pick up power
      for the JTAG connector) is showing less than 1V. So this indicates a
      hardware problem.

      > Does anyone have an idea how to get this slug back in business? Thanks
      > in advance!

      Sorry, but I don't.

      -- Rod
    • David Shepherd
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2007
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <rod@...> wrote:

        > hugow_w wrote:
        > > I seem to be having serious problems with my slug. I came back from a
        > > vacation and found my slug turned off and I can't seem to get it up
        > > and running again.
        > >
        > > When I press the power button it just flashes once. All the leds on
        > > the top (ready/status, ethernet, etc) stay completely turned off. The
        > > flashing of the power button only occurs when I unplug the power
        > > supply and plug it back in. After that it doesn't do anything anymore.
        >
        > Hmm - it seems you are not alone. I have a development slug which
        > exhibits the same behaviour. One thing I have noted is that the
        > internal 3.3V supply rail (measured at the point where I pick up power
        > for the JTAG connector) is showing less than 1V. So this indicates a
        > hardware problem.
        >
        > > Does anyone have an idea how to get this slug back in business? Thanks
        > > in advance!
        >
        > Sorry, but I don't.
        >
        > -- Rod

        I've also got a similar problem on a branh new slug that I just bought
        ... once running it appears fine (apart when I updated time.timezone
        from the setup program it timedout the update saying it had failed ...
        but the changes had been made). However if I power it down (either via
        switch or web page) it goes off, then pressing power button will back
        power button light up and ethernet indicator about 50% of time however
        it doesn't reboot. I have to pull and replace the power cable and
        press power button again many times before it eventually shows the
        yello activity light and reboots.

        As its a new unit I only received 3 days ago I think I'm going to RMA
        it and hopefully get at better behaved slug next time!