[nslu2-general] NSLU2 and VISTA

  • kennyg
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2007
      Hi

      I have just purchased the NSLU2 and installed the software on my Vista home
      premium laptop.
      When I run the program it does not see the nas. I added a flash drive and
      external hard disk but got nothing to work.
      Linksys where as useful as a wet matchstick.

      Any suggestions? Thanks
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2007
        On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 08:37 -0700, kennyg wrote:

        > I have just purchased the NSLU2 and installed the software on my Vista
        > home premium laptop.

        Is the nslu2 with the linksys firmware certified for vista?

        I know that there are problems with older versions of samba.

        > When I run the program it does not see the nas.

        Did you try to connect with a browser?
        Did you try to ping it?

        > I added a flash drive and external hard disk but got nothing to work.
        > Linksys where as useful as a wet matchstick.

        > Any suggestions?

        Do you use the original software from linksys?

        If yes ask them the questions!

        --
        marceln