NSLU2 won't power on (power light flashes)

  • hugow_w
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
      I seem to be having serious problems with my slug. I came back from a
      vacation and found my slug turned off and I can't seem to get it up
      and running again.

      When I press the power button it just flashes once. All the leds on
      the top (ready/status, ethernet, etc) stay completely turned off. The
      flashing of the power button only occurs when I unplug the power
      supply and plug it back in. After that it doesn't do anything anymore.

      Does anyone have an idea how to get this slug back in business? Thanks
      in advance!

      Hugo
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
        hugow_w wrote:
        > I seem to be having serious problems with my slug. I came back from a
        > vacation and found my slug turned off and I can't seem to get it up
        > and running again.
        >
        > When I press the power button it just flashes once. All the leds on
        > the top (ready/status, ethernet, etc) stay completely turned off. The
        > flashing of the power button only occurs when I unplug the power
        > supply and plug it back in. After that it doesn't do anything anymore.

        Hmm - it seems you are not alone. I have a development slug which
        exhibits the same behaviour. One thing I have noted is that the
        internal 3.3V supply rail (measured at the point where I pick up power
        for the JTAG connector) is showing less than 1V. So this indicates a
        hardware problem.

        > Does anyone have an idea how to get this slug back in business? Thanks
        > in advance!

        Sorry, but I don't.

        -- Rod
      • David Shepherd
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21, 2007
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Rod Whitby <rod@...> wrote:

          > hugow_w wrote:
          > > I seem to be having serious problems with my slug. I came back from a
          > > vacation and found my slug turned off and I can't seem to get it up
          > > and running again.
          > >
          > > When I press the power button it just flashes once. All the leds on
          > > the top (ready/status, ethernet, etc) stay completely turned off. The
          > > flashing of the power button only occurs when I unplug the power
          > > supply and plug it back in. After that it doesn't do anything anymore.
          >
          > Hmm - it seems you are not alone. I have a development slug which
          > exhibits the same behaviour. One thing I have noted is that the
          > internal 3.3V supply rail (measured at the point where I pick up power
          > for the JTAG connector) is showing less than 1V. So this indicates a
          > hardware problem.
          >
          > > Does anyone have an idea how to get this slug back in business? Thanks
          > > in advance!
          >
          > Sorry, but I don't.
          >
          > -- Rod

          I've also got a similar problem on a branh new slug that I just bought
          ... once running it appears fine (apart when I updated time.timezone
          from the setup program it timedout the update saying it had failed ...
          but the changes had been made). However if I power it down (either via
          switch or web page) it goes off, then pressing power button will back
          power button light up and ethernet indicator about 50% of time however
          it doesn't reboot. I have to pull and replace the power cable and
          press power button again many times before it eventually shows the
          yello activity light and reboots.

          As its a new unit I only received 3 days ago I think I'm going to RMA
          it and hopefully get at better behaved slug next time!