Remove ushare

  • alvindustin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 24, 2007
      hi everybody

      i installed ushare upnp but i find it useless as i dont have any upnp player. i initially
      thought VLC on my iBook and windows can view 'streaming' videos (like mt-daapd on
      iTunes). but it can't so i wish to remove the service.

      running ps -aux on slug i found this;

      211 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
      221 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
      222 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
      225 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
      226 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
      227 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null

      its taking too much memory on my slug (even more memory than mt-daapd!)

      could anybody help me how to remove this daemon? also, how can i view streaming videos
      like the same way mt-daapd streams music to iTunes? is it possible?

      thank you all
      -alvin dustin
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2007
        In message <ffo70g+e947@...>, alvindustin
        <alvindustin@...> writes
        >hi everybody
        >
        >i installed ushare upnp but i find it useless as i dont have any upnp
        >player. i initially
        >thought VLC on my iBook and windows can view 'streaming' videos (like
        >mt-daapd on
        >iTunes). but it can't so i wish to remove the service.
        >
        >running ps -aux on slug i found this;
        >
        >211 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
        > 221 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
        > 222 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
        > 225 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
        > 226 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
        > 227 root 9880 S upnpd &>/dev/null
        >
        >its taking too much memory on my slug (even more memory than mt-daapd!)
        >
        >could anybody help me how to remove this daemon? also, how can i view
        >streaming videos
        >like the same way mt-daapd streams music to iTunes? is it possible?

        You can probably remove all instances from memory using

        kill 211

        To remove the Optware package use

        Ipkg remove ushare
        --