Characters sets

  • ivar.hamrin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2007
      Hi, bought a slug a few weeks ago and successfully unslung'ed it to a
      natively formatted disc. Everything went smoothly, including mounting
      a NTFS drive. Since I live in Sweden, I had to ad support for code
      page 850 (simpliy doing as stated on UnslugLanguageSupport on the
      unslug site). I hoped that it would solve another problem aswell: the
      swedish characters in filenamnes are not coded and displayed
      correctly. Browsing a shared disc in Windows, the filenames are ok. On
      telnet and on the web interface the characters are wrong.

      The problem becomes really annoying when I use the MediaTomb upnp
      server and connect my Pinnacle Soundbridge, and the filenames are
      corrupted there too.

      I searched the Wiki and this forum (and Google of course), but have'nt
      been able to find a solution. Is there anyone out there that can give
      me hand, please. I'm kind of a newbie on Linux, but quite experienced
      on Windows so I kind of understand the nature of the problem, but
      don't know how to solve it.

      Thanks!
    • MIKi
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2007

        I am from Hungary with haveing the same problem: I can read the
        special characters from my SLUG (fileserver) via my Windows machine
        only.
        I am using the newest firmware of Linksys. Before my firmware upgrade
        it was OK ... : (