Access the slug from windows

  • Johnni Friis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17 9:55 AM
      Hi,

      I would like some help, I can not access my slug from windows.
      I have a HDD attached to "disk1".
      The slug is running the original firmware.
      I just got the slug.

      I have created a user in the web interface, this user is member of the group "administrators".

      In windows I try to map a network drive (in the explorer, tools->map network drive), I use 'connecting as a different user' and type the username & password created in the linksys web interface. I the folders field I have tried a lot of different names \\NSLU2\, \\NSLU2\disk1\
      the result is always the same, when I click finish, an error is shown after some time "the network path could not be found".

      I can find the slug in 'my network places', but when I click on it, an error is shown "\\nslu2 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource...."

      I tried to create a user on the slug with the same name as used in my account in windows. Same result....

      Linksys' config tool can find the slug from my windows PC. But the linksys tool "map network drive" show at path of strange chars X?xZ< (the ? replacing a black rectangle) .

      What is it I am over looking ?

      Johnni