Re: [nslu2-general] deleting folders under windows

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8 9:31 AM
      On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 21:38 +1000, David K wrote:

      > I have to delete about 100GB of files from a 250GB disk,
      > about 200,000 files in total, in several directories.
      >
      > It is taking many many hours, deleting each file individually.
      >
      > Is there a better way?

      Log in the slug an delete them on the slug with the "rm <file list>"
      command.

      It's a lot faster then deleting files over the share.

      --
      marceln
    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8 3:04 PM
        On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 18:06 +0000, Steve C wrote:

        > Prob is I don't have the original software disk that came with the
        > unit, can anyone point me in the direction of a file to download. -
        > I've looked on the linksys website with no luck.

        You can find the original version of the firmware with a search for
        nslu2 on the linksys site.

        The alternative firmwares are on the nslu2 site?

        --
        marceln
      • muk_saini
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8 11:49 PM
          --

          - In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 18:06 +0000, Steve C wrote:
          >
          > > Prob is I don't have the original software disk that came with the
          > > unit, can anyone point me in the direction of a file to download. -
          > > I've looked on the linksys website with no luck.
          >
          > You can find the original version of the firmware with a search for
          > nslu2 on the linksys site.
          >
          > The alternative firmwares are on the nslu2 site?
          >
          > --
          > marceln
          > hello via u can open web site
          www.download.com u can load orignel softwere
        • Carl Lowenstein
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9 2:32 PM
            On 10/8/07, muk_saini <muk_saini@...> wrote:

            > - In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 18:06 +0000, Steve C wrote:
            > >
            > > > Prob is I don't have the original software disk that came with the
            > > > unit, can anyone point me in the direction of a file to download. -
            > > > I've looked on the linksys website with no luck.
            > >
            > > You can find the original version of the firmware with a search for
            > > nslu2 on the linksys site.
            > >
            > > The alternative firmwares are on the nslu2 site?
            > >
            > > --
            > > marceln
            > > hello via u can open web site
            > www.download.com u can load orignel softwere

            As I remember, the original question was "what is the default
            administrator's password". The answer to that, like for nearly all
            Linksys hardware, is "admin".

            If you want manuals or firmware, they can be downloaded from the
            Linksys web site, follow this URL:

            <http://tinyurl.com/ypzuov>

            carl
            --