Re: [nslu2-general] deleting folders under windows

  • Carl Lowenstein
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
      On 10/8/07, David K <subs@...> wrote:

      > I'm running a Windows network.
      >
      > I have to delete about 100GB of files from a 250GB disk,
      > about 200,000 files in total, in several directories.
      >
      > It is taking many many hours, deleting each file individually.
      >
      > Is there a better way?

      Are there any files in those directories that you don't want to
      delete? If the keepers are few, copy them to some other disk and then
      reformat the disk that has the files you don't want.

      carl
      --
      carl lowenstein
      marine physical lab, u.c. san diego
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
        On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 21:38 +1000, David K wrote:

        > I have to delete about 100GB of files from a 250GB disk,
        > about 200,000 files in total, in several directories.
        >
        > It is taking many many hours, deleting each file individually.
        >
        > Is there a better way?

        Log in the slug an delete them on the slug with the "rm <file list>"
        command.

        It's a lot faster then deleting files over the share.

        --
        marceln
      • Marcel Nijenhof
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007
          On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 18:06 +0000, Steve C wrote:

          > Prob is I don't have the original software disk that came with the
          > unit, can anyone point me in the direction of a file to download. -
          > I've looked on the linksys website with no luck.

          You can find the original version of the firmware with a search for
          nslu2 on the linksys site.

          The alternative firmwares are on the nslu2 site?

          --
          marceln
        • muk_saini
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 8, 2007

            - In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:

            > On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 18:06 +0000, Steve C wrote:
            >
            > > Prob is I don't have the original software disk that came with the
            > > unit, can anyone point me in the direction of a file to download. -
            > > I've looked on the linksys website with no luck.
            >
            > You can find the original version of the firmware with a search for
            > nslu2 on the linksys site.
            >
            > The alternative firmwares are on the nslu2 site?
            >
            > --
            > marceln
            > hello via u can open web site
            www.download.com u can load orignel softwere
          • Carl Lowenstein
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2007
              On 10/8/07, muk_saini <muk_saini@...> wrote:

              > - In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Marcel Nijenhof <nslu2@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 18:06 +0000, Steve C wrote:
              > >
              > > > Prob is I don't have the original software disk that came with the
              > > > unit, can anyone point me in the direction of a file to download. -
              > > > I've looked on the linksys website with no luck.
              > >
              > > You can find the original version of the firmware with a search for
              > > nslu2 on the linksys site.
              > >
              > > The alternative firmwares are on the nslu2 site?
              > >
              > > --
              > > marceln
              > > hello via u can open web site
              > www.download.com u can load orignel softwere

              As I remember, the original question was "what is the default
              administrator's password". The answer to that, like for nearly all
              Linksys hardware, is "admin".

              If you want manuals or firmware, they can be downloaded from the
              Linksys web site, follow this URL:

              <http://tinyurl.com/ypzuov>

              carl