chgrp and busybox problem

  • mackowiakp
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
      I just upgraded my NSLU2 to unslung 6.8 beta. The problem is, that
      BusyBox v0.60.4 version does not have chgrp command implemented !!!
      How can I resolve that problem. I tried to install newer version of
      busybox using
      ipkg upgrade busybox

      After this my NSLU2 was unusable (no contact via network at all). So I
      must to use RedBoot feature my unit using "upnslu2" program compiled
      on my Linux based laptop.
      How can I resolve the problem to have chgrp, uptime and other commands?
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
        On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 07:30:21PM -0000, mackowiakp wrote:
        > I just upgraded my NSLU2 to unslung 6.8 beta. The problem is, that
        > BusyBox v0.60.4 version does not have chgrp command implemented !!!

        I think that, if you check the list archives for nslu2-general
        and nslu2-linux, you will find that this problem has come up before.
        As I remember, the simplest solution was to use chown instead.
      • Piotr Mackowiak
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          THX - syntax chown user:group works. I deal 15 years with Unix like systems
          but I never used such syntax. Amazing. Man have to learn whole life ;-)

          _____