Re: NSLU2 auto shutdown and reboot

  • phfkef
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike \(mwester\)" <mwester@...>
      wrote:

      > > My NSLU2 is unslung. I can get it to shutdown
      > > automatically but it won't restart at the time that I
      > > set it to. Any suggestions??
      >
      > Are you expecting it to power itself back up at a pre-determined
      time, or
      > are you saying that the reboot at a particular time won't work? If the
      > former, the hardware can't do that. If the latter, first did that
      work on
      > the original firmware, and secondly what makes you wish to reboot
      the device
      > periodically? A properly-configured NLSU2 (unlike typical Windows
      systems)
      > does not need or benefit from regular restarts -- one of my Unslung
      systems
      > has now reached 345 days since last reboot.
      >
      > Mike (mwester)

      I was expecting it to power itself back up at a pre-determined time.
      The time to shutdown and to restart are input into the administrative,
      status web page for the device so I assumed that the restart function
      was supported. The reason is to shutdown and let my portable hard
      drive rest when it is not needed (e.g. all night).