Re: [nslu2-general] puppy error on Unslung 6.8 Beta

  • Trevor Hancock
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2007
      Hi Bill,

      I use the NSLU2 for access to my Topfield.
      The problem I had was that there would be some error part way through
      copying a 6GB file and I would have to start again,

      From the command you issue I think you don't need the backslash before
      DataFiles

      I now use FtpdTopfield, instead of puppy, a gui is easier to use than
      command line.
      I use Filezilla on the PC, it retries if there is an error and allows
      resuming a file copy.

      as a side note.
      I remove the commercials with MPEG_streamclip. It works with the .rec file
      and allows you to save as a .rec file so you can copy it back to the
      Toppy and
      watch it in peace. The Topfield has to be the best piece of consumer
      electronics
      I have bought in recent years, and the only reason I bought two NSLU2s

      Trevor

      bellthorpeb wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've just bought myself an NSLU2, with the sole intention of getting
      > it to communicate to my Topfield, via puppy.
      >
      > I have unslung it to a 160GB disk on Port 1 (apparently using Port 2
      > for the Topfield is best). I have ipkg installed openssh and puppy,
      > and nothing else.
      >
      > All has gone well, except the puppy application gives runtime errors.
      > I issue the following command and get the response:
      >
      > #/opt/bin/puppy -c dir '\DataFiles'
      > error 71 reading from bulk endpoint 0x82: Protocol error
      >
      > I have successfully used puppy with my Topfield, from a PC running
      > Ubuntu, with no problems.
      >
      > I can only find one reference similar to this on google/toppy forum,
      > but there was no conclusion. Has anyone seen this before?
      > Should I try a different NLSU O/S?
      >
      > Any/all help very much appreciated.
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > Billy

    • William Bellthorpe
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2007
        Hi Trevor,

        thanks for your suggestions. I eventually figured out that it was the
        USB drive I had unslung to that was causing the problem. It must have
        been disrupting the traffic going to my Topfield, because once I used
        a different USB mass storage storage device, all was fine.

        Also, thanks for the MPEG streamclip, but I think that's for Windoze
        only. I evicted Bill Gates from my household over two years ago, and
        he ain't coming back in! :)

        thanks,

        Billy
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Trevor Hancock