Re: [nslu2-general] Super Noob question - Crossover OK but router bad!

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2007
      On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 05:44 -0700, TurboNoodle wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I'm getting a really, really slow transfer rate between PC and NSLU2
      > (+ext HDD) when connected via my Netgear DG834N router. However when I
      > use a crossover connection direct from PC to NSLU2 the data rate
      > dramatically improves.
      >
      > To give you an idea, a 700Mb file is indicating 60 mins to completion
      > via the router but only 3 mins using a crossover cable direct.

      That's about 4 mb/s with the cross cable and 200 kb through the
      router.

      Could you check if there are errors on your network with "netstat -i":

      $ netstat -i
      Kernel Interface table
      Iface MTU Met RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP TX-OVR Flg
      ixp0 1500 0 5861101 0 397 0 3987246 0 0 0 BMRU
      lo 16436 0 639 0 0 0 639 0 0 0 LRU

      And ofcourse on the windows side you have to check as well but i am not sure
      who to do that.

      --
      marceln