FW: [nslu2-general] Super Noob question - Crossover OK but router bad!

  • Urban Cubbage
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12 9:16 AM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Urban Cubbage [mailto:cubbage@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:15 AM
      To: 'nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: FW: [nslu2-general] Super Noob question - Crossover OK but router
      bad!

      One of the things I have done to speed up my network is to set the speed at
      100MHz full Duplex or 1Ghz if you have it for all connected devices to
      switch.

      You will more in likely find that the speed is set at auto which can cause
      things to run slower due to overhead and negotations between switch and
      devices connected to it.

      Another thing is to check that all of your newwork cables are Cat5E or Cat6
      and in good shape.

      Thank You

      Urban