Re: Rtorrent - weird problems

  • Brian Zhou
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
      There were some weird problems using rtorrent on unslung,
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-developers/message/1670

      The experience of using rtorrent on slugosbe or debian is much better.

      Recently btpd has been added to optware, and it seems to work ok on
      unslung.

      -Brian Zhou

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Gabriel Schønau Hansen
      <gabriel@...> wrote:

      > Hi people,
      >

      > I'm trying out rtorrent instead of enhanced-ctorrent, just for the
      > convenience of the gui and manageability! But, after using rtorrent
      for 4
      > weeks, a few things really acts weird and bugs me!
      >

      > BTW, im on a unslung 6.8 box, with 500 gb USB disk on port 1,
      rTorrent 0.7.6
      > - libTorrent 0.11.4
      >

      > 1. Misrepresentation: rtorrent doesn't show anything but 0's at how
      > much data is trafficked, except for rates (current thruput), neither
      does it
      > show size of files!
      > 2. rtorrent is WEIRD at managing thruput throttling. If I do NOT set
      > any throttling, rtorrent screams along, but, whenever I put in ANY
      sort of
      > capping, it slows to a crawl, or shuts down any traffic whatsoever!
      >

      > Did any of you out there using rtorrent experience same problems? I
      sort of
      > suspect, theres some dependent package i need or is
      > mis-configured/installed, which screws with rtorrent, I'd really
      need some
      > feedback on this!
      >

      > Thanks in Advance,
      >
      > Gabriel

    • Gabriel Schønau Hansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
        Thanks a lot, Brian!

        Seems we’ll have to wait awhile for solutions to those problems!

        Any ’proper’ (GUI-like :D ) frontends for btpd?

        /Gabriel

        _____

        --- In nslu2-general@ <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>