TV Out

  • tailspower2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2007
      I see no video card on the system, and what I'm using it form is
      holding the Media and Game ROMs for the all the PCs in the house. I
      just saw on The Lab how to hack it with it running Linux, but sill
      have it working as an NAS system. However I wound like to by pass
      running though an PC with firefox, and view the videos on my TV with
      out going though an PC?
      Now I can't solder; so I hope their's at less an option that will use
      an USB BOX. That's way I'm asking.
    • mr_markas
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "tailspower2001"
        <tailspower2001@...> wrote:

        > I see no video card on the system, and what I'm using it form is
        > holding the Media and Game ROMs for the all the PCs in the house. I
        > just saw on The Lab how to hack it with it running Linux, but sill
        > have it working as an NAS system. However I wound like to by pass
        > running though an PC with firefox, and view the videos on my TV with
        > out going though an PC?
        > Now I can't solder; so I hope their's at less an option that will use
        > an USB BOX. That's way I'm asking.

        I just checked my TiVo guide for the next airing on G4, no dice for
        me. And, since I don't do torrents, I cannot download the video so I
        can "Ooo and Ahh" over such demos.
        http://www.leovilletownsquare.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/18213/post/148492/

        However the show summary indicates how to set it up as a UPnP server.
        http://www.labwithleo.com/shownotes/episode70
        --
        Frank Linhares (Co-Host/Producer, www.DigitalUnderground.tv) : The
        NSLU2 (Slug) can be flashed with a new firmware make it what it

        But Frank's blog has videos of slug stuff
        http://digitalunderground.tv/node/7 with a link back to none other
        than ... http://www.nslu2-linux.org/

        UPnP and other media servers/services are well documented at
        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/HomePage

        Depending on the server you run, you can service TiVo's, XBoxes,
        Happaugge MediaMVPs, etc.

        But please, contradict me. I'd like to see a cheap video/vga out (not
        just VNC, X11 or a console.)

        Later, M.
      • tailspower2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2007
          mr_markas

          The reason I'm trying to see if I can an USB box to play the video on
          my TV; is because I don't what recode Lab With Leo out for XIVD to
          work with X-BOX 360.