Rtorrent - weird problems

  • Gabriel Schønau Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hi people,

      I’m trying out rtorrent instead of enhanced-ctorrent, just for the
      convenience of the gui and manageability! But, after using rtorrent for 4
      weeks, a few things really acts weird and bugs me!

      BTW, im on a unslung 6.8 box, with 500 gb USB disk on port 1, rTorrent 0.7.6
      - libTorrent 0.11.4

      1. Misrepresentation: rtorrent doesn’t show anything but 0’s at how
      much data is trafficked, except for rates (current thruput), neither does it
      show size of files!
      2. rtorrent is WEIRD at managing thruput throttling. If I do NOT set
      any throttling, rtorrent screams along, but, whenever I put in ANY sort of
      capping, it slows to a crawl, or shuts down any traffic whatsoever!

      Did any of you out there using rtorrent experience same problems? I sort of
      suspect, theres some dependent package i need or is
      mis-configured/installed, which screws with rtorrent, I’d really need some
      feedback on this!

      Thanks in Advance,

      Gabriel

    • Brian Zhou
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
        There were some weird problems using rtorrent on unslung,
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-developers/message/1670

        The experience of using rtorrent on slugosbe or debian is much better.

        Recently btpd has been added to optware, and it seems to work ok on
        unslung.

        -Brian Zhou

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Gabriel Schønau Hansen
        <gabriel@...> wrote:

        > Hi people,
        >

        > I'm trying out rtorrent instead of enhanced-ctorrent, just for the
        > convenience of the gui and manageability! But, after using rtorrent
        for 4
        > weeks, a few things really acts weird and bugs me!
        >

        > BTW, im on a unslung 6.8 box, with 500 gb USB disk on port 1,
        rTorrent 0.7.6
        > - libTorrent 0.11.4
        >

        > 1. Misrepresentation: rtorrent doesn't show anything but 0's at how
        > much data is trafficked, except for rates (current thruput), neither
        does it
        > show size of files!
        > 2. rtorrent is WEIRD at managing thruput throttling. If I do NOT set
        > any throttling, rtorrent screams along, but, whenever I put in ANY
        sort of
        > capping, it slows to a crawl, or shuts down any traffic whatsoever!
        >

        > Did any of you out there using rtorrent experience same problems? I
        sort of
        > suspect, theres some dependent package i need or is
        > mis-configured/installed, which screws with rtorrent, I'd really
        need some
        > feedback on this!
        >

        > Thanks in Advance,
        >
        > Gabriel

      • Gabriel Schønau Hansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
          Thanks a lot, Brian!

          Seems we’ll have to wait awhile for solutions to those problems!

          Any ’proper’ (GUI-like :D ) frontends for btpd?

          /Gabriel

          _____

          --- In nslu2-general@ <mailto:nslu2-general%40yahoogroups.com>