Re: HELP! Dead slug…

  • bty597733
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "carl_lowenstein"
      <clowenstein@...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bty597733" <j.wolves@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > > I'd suggest trying a different power supply.
      > > > Frank
      > >
      > > Interesting suggestion Frank. The slug is getting power just
      > > behaving erratic! Would the power supply have a bearing on it?
      > >
      > > After reading an entry in the linksys forum, I have now replaced
      > the
      > > battery in the slug, to see if this solves the problem. Alas, no
      > > joy. While sometimes it does detect the disks, I can never
      access
      > it
      > > via the web browser. Indeed, while the light for the device is
      lit
      > > on my router, I cannot see my slug as an attached devive :-(
      > >
      > > Looks like I'm off to buy a new slug...
      > >

      > It is possible that the power supply has enough output voltage to
      > light the lights but not enough for the internal computer to
      function
      > properly.
      >
      > carl

      MMmm... maybe, I just don't see it. Sometimes the slug will just sit
      there with a flashing ethernet light (in this condition entering the
      unit's ip address in my browser returns a search page), othertimes
      it will power up properly, detect the hard disk(s) and will look
      like it performing a scan of files for twonky vision, as the hard
      disk light is very active to start with (what I would expect). When
      powered up correctly, the web brownser now returns a page not found
      instead of a search page, but I still can't access the web admin
      pages.

      Jase.