Somewhat OT: Web Cam Forums

  • Rich Garcia
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2007
      I am a Slug user but my down and dirty slug modifications and such have been
      very limited for over a year. I hope to get back to hacking some slugs in
      the next few months or so when I move into our new home. I have not worked
      on linux in over 18 months and I have forgot more than I have learned about
      linux.I see that web cam's are popular among SLUG users. Can anyone tell me
      of any good TECHNICAL camera forums?

      I am looking to work with a few USB or CAT5 cameras over both short and long
      distances for my new home on 28 acres of property. I want to set some up on
      the house and also remotely between distances of 300-600feet. Any good
      forums where people hack and work with them just like everyone here does
      with the SLUG would be greatly appreciated. Eventually once I get the
      camera's set up I am sure I'll be finding a way to make a slug or two part
      of the system, I expect to roughly have 8-10 cameras on the network. Some to
      monitor the exterior of the home, some to monitor the entry gates and then
      some further ones to monitor my wildlife areas. Tresspassers and poachers
      are a problem around here.

      Thanks,
      Rich