SNLU2 + Debian + Webcam streaming

  • Luca Comodi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2007
      Hi to all,

      I'm a new enthusiastic NSLU2 Debian Linux user! I successfully made my NSLU
      a good web/ftp/samba server; now i'm trying to start a webcam streaming to
      remote control my NSLU ;-)

      I have plugged a usb2 webcam

      Bus 005 Device 009: ID 0c45:62c0 Microdia (from lsusb)

      and compiled and configured the module: uvcvideo

      so the dmesg say:

      usb 5-7: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
      uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB 2.0 Camera (0c45:62c0)

      everything seems OK... but i can't find an application that:

      - stream using the YUV, YUY2 format (the only supported by my webcam)
      - use the uvcvideo module

      i tested the webcam outside the nslu2 (archlinux laptop) and i get success
      only with luvcview (it's only a viewer) and ekiga (a messanger-like
      application) both not useful for snlu2.

      The best suitable solution could be uvc_streamer but it use only the JMPEG
      format not the YUV one :(

      Any ideas? Help please....

      thanks...

      --