Installing Debian/ARM - initramfs error

  • Adam Cripps
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2007
      Not sure if any of you guys or gals here know much about the Debian
      installer, but I'm having problems installing this during the
      base-install.

      I get an error about not installing initramfs-tools - I tried the
      other package (beginning with a y) but that failed too.

      /var/log/syslog is showing:

      Aug 5 21:41:30 main-menu[4461]: INFO: Menu item 'base-installer' selected
      Aug 5 21:41:32 main-menu[4461]: INFO: Menu item 'base-installer'
      succeeded but requested to be left unconfigured.
      Aug 5 21:41:32 main-menu[4461]: DEBUG: resolver (ext2-modules):
      package doesn't exist (ignored)

      Any advice on how to progress this?
      TIA
      Adam
      --
      http://www.monkeez.org
      PGP key: 0x7111B833
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2007
        On 8/5/07, Adam Cripps <kabads@...> wrote:
        > Not sure if any of you guys or gals here know much about the Debian
        > installer, but I'm having problems installing this during the
        > base-install.
        >
        > I get an error about not installing initramfs-tools - I tried the
        > other package (beginning with a y) but that failed too.

        <snip>

        I forgot to add that I upgraded the file debian-4.0r0.zip
        successfully, and rebooted and logged-on with SSH.

        I'm using a 500Gb hard drive with 1Gb (wow!) devoted to swap.
        TIA

        --
        http://www.monkeez.org
        PGP key: 0x7111B833