Re: DiversionScripts Information - Telnet

  • carlos_b_hernandez
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
      I am having the same issue with vsftpd. I can not get rc.xinetd
      diversion script to work. Please let me know if you resolve your
      issue and how?
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "fpapia" <fpapia@...> wrote:

      > I want telnet to run automatically when I boot the box.
      >
      > I am running UnSlung 6.x
      >
      > I placed the following script in the /unslung directory.
      >
      > #! /bin/sh
      > if ( [ ! -f /etc/inetd.conf ] || !(grep telnetd /etc/inetd.conf -
      q) ) then
      > echo "telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd"
      >> /etc/inetd.conf
      > fi
      > return 1
      >
      > The script is called rc.xinetd.
      >
      > All this is according to the DiversionScripts information in the
      wiki.

      > I placed a diversion script called rc.local in the /unslung
      directory.

      > The rc.local script creates a directory called /public/junk1.
      >
      > When the box is power cycled the rc.local script works just fine as
      > directory called junk1 appears in the /public directory but I still
      > have to use the web interface to get the telnet enabled.
      >
      > I verified the existence of /etc/inetd.conf and /usr/sbin/telnetd.
      >
      > What am I doing wrong?

    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2007
        A diversion script can only "divert" an existing rc script -- and there is
        no rc.xinetd startup script to divert. I expect that you are trying to
        divert the rc.inetd script instead, so the script that you would place into
        /unslung would be named rc.inetd not rc.xinetd.

        If you are working from instructions on the wiki, can you edit the page to
        correct this?

        Thanks,
        Mike (mwester)