[noob question] compilation problems for slugos/le

  • df_dukkar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
      Hi all,

      I downloaded the MasterMakefile and used compiled slugos/le using
      monotone. However, when I build using "make slugosle" and after the
      process is done I still cannot find the image file. Is it supposed to
      appear in the work directory ? or is it some other place ?

      thanks
      dF

      the following is a log of the make;

      Resolving
      you-have-to-download-the-microcode-manually-so-please-read-ixp4xx-npe_2.3.2.bb-for-instructions...
      failed: Name or service not known.
      NOTE: Task failed: Fetch failed:
      http://You-Have-To-Download-The-Microcode-Manually-So-Please-Read-ixp4xx-npe_2.3.2.bb-For-Instructions/IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-2_3_2.zip
      NOTE: package ixp4xx-npe-native-2.3.2-r1: task do_fetch: failed
      ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
      NOTE: package ixp4xx-npe-native-2.3.2: failed
      ERROR: Build of
      /home/lun/work/usbip_arm/MasterMake/slugosle/openembedded/packages/ixp4xx/ixp4xx-npe-native_2.3.2.bb
      do_fetch failed
      ERROR: Task 491
      (/home/lun/work/usbip_arm/MasterMake/slugosle/openembedded/packages/ixp4xx/ixp4xx-npe-native_2.3.2.bb,
      do_fetch) failed
      NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 286 tasks of which 286 didn't need to
      be rerun and 1 failed.
      NOTE: Removing failed runtime build target ixp4xx-npe
      NOTE: Preparing runqueue
      NOTE: All possible tasks have been run but build incomplete
      (--continue mode). See errors above for incomplete tasks.
      NOTE: Executing runqueue
      NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 0 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be
      rerun and 0 failed.
      NOTE: build 200707301914: completed
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lun/work/usbip_arm/MasterMake/slugosle'
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
        df_dukkar wrote:
        > I downloaded the MasterMakefile and used compiled slugos/le using
        > monotone. However, when I build using "make slugosle" and after the
        > process is done I still cannot find the image file. Is it supposed to
        > appear in the work directory ? or is it some other place ?
        >
        > the following is a log of the make;
        >
        > http://You-Have-To-Download-The-Microcode-Manually-So-Please-Read-ixp4xx-npe_2.3.2.bb-For-Instructions/IPL_ixp400NpeLibrary-2_3_2.zip

        This line didn't give you any clues?

        -- Rod
      • df_dukkar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
          > This line didn't give you any clues?
          >
          > -- Rod

          Hi Rod,

          Thanks for your hint. I had skipped the step earlier as I could not
          download the files from intel initially as the site doesnt work for me
          (Firefox+ubuntu).

          Could you answer one more question?
          - How do I compile any module or software to work for the slug while
          using slugos? I have compiled that software (usbip) to work for two
          PCs. It (usbip) requires the kernel header files during compilation. I
          have seen a Could you tell me how do I proceed with this so that I end
          up with atleast an .ipk module ?

          Should I do the following:
          copy the source for usbip into the slugosle/tmp/work/armv5te-linux
          folder and create a bb file or some other way to make it compile?

          thanks for your help,
          ankur
        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2007
            df_dukkar wrote:
            > Could you answer one more question?
            > - How do I compile any module or software to work for the slug while
            > using slugos? I have compiled that software (usbip) to work for two
            > PCs. It (usbip) requires the kernel header files during compilation. I
            > have seen a Could you tell me how do I proceed with this so that I end
            > up with atleast an .ipk module ?
            >
            > Should I do the following:
            > copy the source for usbip into the slugosle/tmp/work/armv5te-linux
            > folder and create a bb file or some other way to make it compile?

            The best way is to look for another package in OE which does out-of-tree
            kernel module compilation, and copy that.

            I think the gspcav1 package might be what you are looking for ...

            Then you can contribute the .bb file back to OE for others.

            -- Rod