question regarding backup jobs

  • muadh_ali2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2007
      Hi all,

      i've been very much a windows person all my life and am only now
      starting to dabble with linux .. so here's my question:

      I wanted to add multiple backup jobs to the slug -> I know that the
      web interface won't allow more than 5 or 6 jobs. After researching
      I've learnt that editing the CGI_ds.conf and the crontab files would
      allow for these changes. Sure enough, I can edit these files and see
      (and run) the jobs from the web. However as soon as I restart the
      slug, my changes are lost and the files are restored to a previous state.

      Any ideas? ... getting these backups done was the only reason I
      unslung the slug in the first place.

      Thanks!