absolute-noob question

  • Calum Sharp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 5:16 AM
      Sorry, I've searched for the answer for this (in
      for-the-hard-of-thinking language) and I can't find it.

      I have an NSLU2 Unslung 6.8 using BusyBox, and I want to set a user
      startup script to handle a couple of simple things, specifically set a
      couple of aliases, maybe a few more things, as I get braver.

      I am not familiar with *nix, I had basic exposure to it 12 years ago
      at uni.

      I've found posts referring to editing the .bashrc and .bash_profile
      files, but I cannot find them. I did ls -l -A -R > test.txt from the
      root directory and checked the results to find the files, but still
      couldn't.

      I've even created the files from scratch in emacs on the slug, to no
      avail.

      Cal