Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Ssh tunnel

  • Marcel Nijenhof
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2007
      On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 19:16 +0000, bty597733 wrote:

      > A nice solution, but I want to keep the load on my slug to a
      > minimum.

      Why?

      I would require it to be fast enough but i really don't care
      if it would take a few milliseconds extra.

      The other side is that i don't like to spend a few hours
      work on a slug which performs a few milliseconds faster.

      But i really don't know the performance impact for this solution.

      > Is this the only solution,

      No. There are many sollutions.

      A other solution is a cgi script which grabs the
      picture from the webcam and shows it. This is also
      a simple solution with the advantage that you don't
      need to change anything to the webserver.

      The this advantages are:
      - You don't have the direct control to the webcam
      - Access to the webcam will be slower

      > if so is nginx the best option to achieve this?

      I don't know.

      It really depends on lots of factors including
      the expected access to the web pages.

      --
      marceln