Desired scenario for NSLU2 solution

  • Gustavo Moreira
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14 11:30 AM
      Hi guys. I have a desired scenario for a possible instalation of NSLU2, but,
      to be honest, I have to say I'm a little confused about what really works or
      not, considering the several firmware solutions available.
      I have 2 HDD to use with it. The first is blank and its a WD 200Gb. The
      other is almost 60% full and its a Samsung 500Gb. I cannot format the bigger
      one (its NTFS), because the data is important and I dont have a backup drive
      where I can temporally store the data. The others elements of my network are
      a Windows XPSP2 PC and an Xbox (first gen). Thats my question: Will i be
      able to use my bigger HD without needing to format it (using any of the
      available firmware hacks). I have not bought the NSLU2 unit yet, cause I'm
      considering the forum opinion and experience. Thank you all. Regards.

    • Marcel Nijenhof
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17 2:24 PM
        On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 15:30 -0300, Gustavo Moreira wrote:

        > The other is almost 60% full and its a Samsung 500Gb. I cannot format
        > the bigger one (its NTFS), because the data is important and I dont
        > have a backup drive where I can temporally store the data.
        > Thats my question: Will i be able to use my bigger HD without needing
        > to format it (using any of the available firmware hacks).

        The ntfs driver of unslung is unstable and will crash onder heavy
        io. So i wouldn't advice unslung.

        --
        marceln