NEWBIE: Desired scenario for NSLU2 solution

  • mmuthas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2007
      Hi guys. I have a desired scenario for a possible instalation of
      NSLU2, but, to be honest, I have to say I'm a little confused about
      what really works or not, considering the several firmware solutions
      available.
      I have 2 HDD to use with it. The first is blank and its a WD 200Gb.
      The other is almost 60% full and its a Samsung 500Gb. I cannot format
      the bigger one (its NTFS), because the data is important and I dont
      have a backup drive where I can temporally store the data. The others
      elements of my network are a Windows XPSP2 PC and an Xbox (first gen).
      Thats my question: Will i be able to use my bigger HD without needing
      to format it (using any of the available firmware hacks). I have not
      bought the NSLU2 unit yet, cause I'm considering the forum opinion and
      experience. Thank you all. Regards.