DHCP Recovery

  • simon.treavis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13 4:26 PM
      All,

      Just picked up an NSLU2 and managed to loose contact with it
      when switching it to use DCHP (ready / status light flashing & nothing
      else)
      I have a Buffalo WHR-G54S router flashed to use DD-WRT.
      I found it was possible to get the NSLU2 to revert to its default
      address of 192.168.1.77 by doing the following:

      Power off the NSLU2 and connect it directly to a PC
      Boot into linux (I was using Ubuntu) During the boot.
      the NSLU2 beeps a number of times and the ready / status light
      lights up permanently. I was then able to connect using the
      192.168.1.77 address.

      I would guess this is possible with a Linux live CD too if you don't
      have linux installed on a PC.

      Hope this helps.

      cheers, s.