relation between led colors and debian installer status for NSLU2

  • df_dukkar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2007
      hi all,

      i am trying to install debian on the nslu2 using the steps given on
      http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html

      after getting the "Rebooting... done" message i wait (15-20minutes)
      for the slug to beep but all it does is flash the Ready/Status light
      alternately. I cannot ssh or ping the slug. I am using a static ip
      address, gateway and netmask have also been set.

      Does this mean that the slug is taking its own sweet time to start the
      debian installer or have i messed up someplace?

      After waiting for 30minutes last time around, I used upslug2 to upload
      the linksys firmware and reached the web interface, but thats of no
      real use. Only thing I learnt is that the ready/status light turns
      GREEN when I'm using the linksys firmware.

      Could someone point me in the right directions?

      Thanks,
      dF.