Re: Conf Partition on both Drives

  • sfoskett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2007
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, fatmcgav <fatmcgav@...> wrote:
      > The problem i'm having is that both were formatted through the web-front
      > end, and both have a conf section. Is this really necessary?
      > As i've found some funny things happening over the past couple of
      days with
      > configuration files copying over to the wrong one, or not loading
      correctly.

      I too am having troubles with the dual conf partitions created with
      two formatted disks. In my case, I unslung to a 1 GB flash drive in
      port 2 and mounted a 500 GB USB hard disk in port 1. I will now
      reconfigure the system with the flash disk in port 1 and the hard disk
      in port 2 as suggested in WhichUSBPortforUnslung6. I guess having an
      ext3-formatted disk in port 1 might work, too, but am not sure.

      Luckily this is still a testing situation so I'm not too worried about
      stability or data loss. But soon I will be risking WAF-related issues
      if I can't get this thing stable! :)

      Ped Xing