NEWBIE: Desired scnario for NSLU2 solution

  • gmpassos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2007
      Hi guys. I have a desired scenario for a possible instalation of NSLU2, but,
      to be honest, I have to say I'm a little confused about what really works or
      not, considering the several firmware solutions available.
      I have 2 HDD to use with it. The first is blank and its a WD 200Gb. The
      other is almost 60% full and its a Samsung 500Gb. I cannot format the bigger
      one (its NTFS), because the data is important and I dont have a backup drive
      where I can temporally store the data. The others elements of my network are
      a Windows XPSP2 PC and an Xbox (first gen). Thats my question: Will i be
      able to use my bigger HD without needing to format it (using any of the
      available firmware hacks). I have not bought the NSLU2 unit yet, cause I'm
      considering the forum opinion and experience. Thank you all. Regards.

      gmpassos