Re: [nslu2-general] Favorite OS for PC?

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2007
      siegfried wrote:
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Development/MasterMakefile gives directions
      > for many different PC OSs.
      >
      > I assumed debian would be the favorite platform.
      >
      > However, I'm getting kernel panics when try to install debian on my PC. I
      > tried in Mar 2007 and I'm getting the same kernel panic now with debian
      > 4.0r0.
      >
      > Given that I'm having such trouble, what would be a good choice? Ubuntu,
      > Knoppix, SuSE and Fedora seem to install OK on my PC.

      The nslu2-linux autobuilder runs Debian Etch.

      I ensure that our toolchain and build infrastructure runs on Debian Etch
      and CentOS 4 (cause those are the two OS's that I run).

      -- Rod
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2007
        Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6 are both used here, and work well. I've not
        yet tested with Fedora 7, but I don't anticipate any troubles with that.