compile error of openslug on gentoo

  • linbox
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 9:59 AM
      I installed the crosscompile environment on my gentoo PC

      with

      Development with Gentoo
      It is recommended, but not essential, to make a new user, to build using the
      Master Makefile.
      Download the makefile as above and run:
      make setup-host-gentoo
      This will unmask montone-0.24 and boost-1.32.0 NB: Root access required
      Note: After a 2005.1 installation, the permissions of my root drive turned
      out to be wrong (340?). The correct permissions are 755 - if you do not
      check and correct this, the perl and boost builds will fail.

      Alternatively, you can emerge required packages in Gentoo with (As of
      2006.1, Jan-2007):
      At /etc/portage/package.keywords:
      dev-embedded/bitbake ~amd64
      dev-libs/boost ~amd64
      dev-embedded/bitbake ~amd64
      dev-python/PyQt? ~amd64
      dev-python/sip ~amd64
      emerge boost bitbake PyQt? sip monotone bitbake
      In addition, it needs another two packages:
      emerge app-misc/git dev-util/diffstat
      Then:
      make update
      When doing so, you will get an error message saying that the monotone
      database needs to be converted. You need to do the following:
      mtn --db monotone/nslu2-linux.mtn db migrate
      mtn --db monotone/nslu2-linux.mtn db regenerate_caches
      Now you are ready to build the packages.
      make openslug
      for the whole nine yards or
      make openslug-packages
      just for the openslug packages

      and get the following error when I'm trying to run 'make openslug'

      ${@['armv5teb', 'armv5te'][bb.data.getVar('SITEINFO_ENDIANESS', d, 1) ==
      'le']}
      ERROR: Error in executing:
      ERROR: Exception:exceptions.TypeError Message:iterable argument required
      ERROR: Printing the environment of the function
      ERROR: 0001:def __anonfunc():
      ERROR: 0002: base_oldbitbake_workarounds(d)
      ERROR: 0003: base_after_parse(d)
      ERROR: 0004:
      ERROR: 0005: import bb
      ERROR: 0006: # do_patch tasks require PATCHTOOL-native to have staged
      ERROR: 0007: patchdeps = bb.data.getVar("PATCHTOOL", d, True)
      ERROR: iterable argument required while parsing
      /mnt/suse/sluggentoo/openslug/openembedded/packages/matchbox-desktop/matchbox-desktop_svn.bb
      ERROR: Information not available for target 'armeb-INVALID'
      NOTE: exceptions.TypeError:iterable argument required while evaluating:
      ${@siteinfo_get_endianess(d)}
      NOTE: exceptions.TypeError:iterable argument required while evaluating:
      ${@['armv5teb', 'armv5te'][bb.data.getVar('SITEINFO_ENDIANESS', d, 1) ==
      'le']}
      ERROR: Error in executing:
      ERROR: Exception:exceptions.TypeError Message:iterable argument required
      ERROR: Printing the environment of the function
      ERROR: 0001:def __anonfunc():
      ERROR: 0002: base_oldbitbake_workarounds(d)
      ERROR: 0003: base_after_parse(d)
      ERROR: 0004:
      ERROR: 0005: import bb
      ERROR: 0006: # do_patch tasks require PATCHTOOL-native to have staged
      ERROR: 0007: patchdeps = bb.data.getVar("PATCHTOOL", d, True)
      ERROR: iterable argument required while parsing
      /mnt/suse/sluggentoo/openslug/openembedded/packages/matchbox-desktop/matchbox-desktop_0.8.bb

      If anybosy can point to the right direction I would be thankful

      Guenter