power plug size

  • gweissenseel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
      Does anybody know the plug size of the AC/DC transformer of the
      NSLU2. I know the OD is 5.5mm what is the ID hole or pin diameter on
      the device it self.

      thanks

      Guenter
    • Ian White
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
        Hi Guenter

        Existing Linksys PSU Model No. SA070507 (UK)

        5.5 mm outer diameter
        2.5 mm internal diameter
        5 volts DC tip/centre positive
        2.0 amps

        I replaced my broken PSU with a

        Sunpower SPD-A15-05

        http://www.sunpower.com.tw/showproduct2.asp?k1=13&k2=AC-DC&k3=Single%20Output

        Acceptable *input* to this PSU is anywhere from 100 volts AC to 240 volts AC
        and it takes a standard 3-conductor computer power lead (i.e. no integrated mains plug)
        so should be usable anywhere in the world

        But I had to cut'n'splice the existing Linksys NSLU2 PSU DC lead
        because the Sunpower DC lead was 5.5mm OD/2.0mm ID

        (Also, as this replacement PSU is capable of 2.5 amps rather than the Linksys' original PSU's 2.0 amps
        it happily drives a USB bus-powered 2.5" drive/enclosure through the NSLU2's USB ports)

        I hope that this helps

        Cheers
        Ian W.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
          thanks that's exactly what I was looking for

          guenter

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Ian White"