Re: Virtual Hosting with THTTPD problems

  • bty597733
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2007
      Peter, not using 2 instances of thttpd as my work are security nuts
      and have locked out all available ports. Need to keep everything on
      port 80 which is the virtual hosting would be perfect (if I could
      see my data of course).

      Jase.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Peter Richard <pdfrichard@...>
      wrote:

      > Are you trying this with two copies of thttpd running as
      described
      > at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/UseTheThttpdWebserver ?
      By
      > using the second copy at port 80 for standard websever and the
      > setting the original to use port 8080, I have access to both the
      > configuration webpages by using http://myslughost:8080/ and to
      > regular webpages at http://slughost/ which you would configure
      with
      > virtual hosting in it's conf file.
      >
      > peter
      > On Jul 1, 2007, at 8:15 AM, bty597733 wrote:
      >
      > > SIles, thanks for the info, but logging in via ssh everytime I
      want
      > > to see a different web site seems a complete pain to me.
      > >
      > > Thi is fustrations as I;d got dyndns set up with 2 domain name
      that
      > > point to my router, which in turn forwarded port 80 to my slug,
      and
      > > the virtual hosting was pointing my my html files for my new site
      > > (on one domain), and a to the existing web admin page on another.
      > >
      > > I can't get the linksys page to see any of my data while virtual
      > > hosting is switched on, but I have found a way round the
      problem...

      > > I've switched off virtual hosting and gone back to the original
      > > setup. I've create a new index.html file in the /home/httpd/html
      > > directory for my home page. Your browser will go to index.html
      > > before trying index.cgi (which is what the linksys page uses).
      > > Thesefore I go to my web site, and just need to type /index.cgi
      > > access the linksys page (or provide a link on my site to this).
      It
      > > means I can;t have multiple sites as possible under vistual
      hosting,
      > > but at leat I can have a web site plus full usability of the
      linksys
      > > pages.
      > >
      > > To ensure I don't screw anything up with the linksys pages I've
      only
      > > created index.html in the /html directory, and put everything
      else
      > > my site references in a new /content sub-directory. The only
      thing
      > > you need to do to ensure your new pages work is to chmod 775 them
      > > after copying them to the slug.
      > >
      > > By if anyone can access the data on your disk using virtual hosts
      > > I'd be very interested.
      > >
      > > With thanks, Jase.
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Siles <siles.bazerman@>
      > > wrote:

      > > managed
      > > web

      > > my
      > > thttpd.conf
      > > However,

      > > permitted

      > > any

      > >> Hi Jase,
      > >>
      > >> I have had the same problem, not only using the vhosts but with
      the
      > >> others suggested in the "how to's".
      > >> What I did was to have two lines in thttpd.conf. One points to
      > >> /www/httpd/html and the other to /home/httpd/html. I comment out
      > > the
      > >> approptiate line and when I need to get into the admin pages I
      SSH