Unslung reliability

  • Mike (mwester)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2007
      Sometimes folks have poor experiences with the stability and reliability of
      Unslung. It is true that there are some things (like using the Linksys NTFS
      driver) that cause troubles, but when properly fed and cared for, Unslung is
      quite stable and reliable.

      This is my main file server - a de-underclocked slug with a pair of 250GByte
      Western Digital drives:

      $ uptime
      18:53:01 up 250 days, 16:46, 1 user, load average: 1.16, 1.03, 1.01
      $

      The shutdown 250 days ago was to replace a failed UPS that this slug was
      plugged into, not because of any particular issue with the slug or unslung.

      Mike (mwester)
    • Urban Cubbage
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2007
        Mike,

        It might be a good idea for you to also indicate all of the steps you took
        to get to this point and what packages you have installed. A lot of us are
        not very literate in Linux and therefore we are hesitant to do something
        like you have done. I realize that this may be asking a lot but once we can
        get a stable system up & running we can then entertain all of the great
        ideas we have for using the slug instead of beating our heads against the
        wall like a lot of us seem to do.

        Thank You

        Urban

        Sometimes folks have poor experiences with the stability and reliability of
        Unslung. It is true that there are some things (like using the Linksys NTFS
        driver) that cause troubles, but when properly fed and cared for, Unslung is
        quite stable and reliable.

        This is my main file server - a de-underclocked slug with a pair of 250GByte
        Western Digital drives:

        $ uptime
        18:53:01 up 250 days, 16:46, 1 user, load average: 1.16, 1.03, 1.01
        $

        The shutdown 250 days ago was to replace a failed UPS that this slug was
        plugged into, not because of any particular issue with the slug or unslung.

        Mike (mwester)

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        9:08 PM