NSLU2 - USB 2.5" Drive Cases

  • pvabene
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2004
      I have worked with several different case for drives connected to the
      NSLU2. The X-MeM (XMU2-EB-25) enclosure holds a 2.5" hard drive
      (Laptop. When connected to the NSLU2 on port 2 (FlashDrive) with a 3
      or 6 gigabyte drive. It is identified as FlashDrive. This did require
      drive (as you would expect) but had the attributes of a FlashDrive
      rather than a hard drive in that the flash mount and unmount function
      would allow the enclosure to be hot plugged and unplugged. This opens
      up new possibilities as now I can quickly mount a larger disk (than
      the traditional FlashDrive) easily. I acquired my enclosure at Fryes
      but it can be bought at Tomatochip.com. (Based on other posts about
      the manner in which the NSLU2 identifies the FlashDrive vs a Hard
      Drive, the size of the disk in the enclosure is likely to have to be
      smaller than 10 gig – still a far larger size that the typical 256meg
      Flash Disk.)