Re: [nslu2-general] openradius ipkg

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2007
      [A question like this should be on nslu2-linux, not nslu2-general.
      Check the group charters for the reasons why. If you're intending on
      making the fixes yourself, then you can also use nslu2-developers if you
      so desire.]

      tlhackque wrote:
      > I am working on EAP-TLS authentication in my network, and
      > so...implementing radius.
      >
      > I thought I'd give the UNSLUNG implementation a whirl. There are a
      > few issues right out of the box. Is anyone maintaining it?

      Don't know. Check the SVN logs to see who has edited it recently.

      > Install:
      > # ipkg install freeradius
      > Installing freeradius (1.0.5-3) to root...
      > Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-
      > linux.org/feeds/unslung/cross/freeradius_1.0.5-3_armeb.ipk
      > Configuring freeradius
      > Storing freeradius log directory structure in /var.state
      > mkdir: cannot create directory `/var.state/spool/radius': No such
      > file or directory
      > cp: target `/var.state/spool/radius/' is not a directory
      >
      > postinst seems confused - I believe it should be using /opt/var/state
      > per our standards. Dhcp does.

      Agreed. Feel free to fix things like this directly.

      > Similarly:
      >
      > radiusd.conf:28:logdir = /var/spool/radius/log
      > radiusd.conf:30:radacctdir = /var/spool/radius/radacct
      > radiusd.conf:83:# e.g.: kill -HUP
      > `cat /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid`
      > radiusd.conf:85:pidfile = /var/run/radiusd.pid
      > should be:
      > radiusd.conf:28:logdir = ${prefix}/var/spool/radius/log
      > radiusd.conf:30:radacctdir = ${prefix}/var/spool/radius/radacct
      > radiusd.conf:83:# e.g.: kill -HUP `cat
      > ${prefix}/var/run/radiusd/radiusd.pid`
      > radiusd.conf:85:pidfile = ${prefix}/var/run/radiusd.pid
      > ---
      > if [ ! -f /opt/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf ] ; then
      > cp -rf /opt/doc/.radius/* /opt/etc/
      >
      > This is an interesting approach to template configs; however, it
      > either needs to unconditionally delete the hidden directory, or do
      > something to move the contents to a visible templates directory.
      > Leaving unused files in a hidden directory isn't nice.
      >
      > I suggest that unconditionally we:
      > mkdir /opt/etc/raddb/templates/
      > mv /opt/doc/.radius/raddb/* /opt/etc/raddb/templates/
      > rmdir /opt/doc/.radius/raddb/
      > rmdir /opt/doc/.radius/

      Agreed.

      -- Rod