upslug2 problems

  • tempop22
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
      I am trying to re flash my slug with the Linksys firmware.

      I can get my slug into upgrade mode with no problems. With the slug in
      upgrade mode I can ping 192.168.0.1 with no problems.

      However, when I run Sercomm on my windows box or upslug2 on my mac,
      NEITHER detect my slug.

      I have checked the network settings, tried with a direct connection,
      and even tried a different network switch. Every time I can ping the
      slug but neither program will detect it.

      Has anyone had this problem? can help me fix it? or point me in the
      right direction to figure it out on my own?

      Thanks in advance!
    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 22, 2007
        Hi is your slug IP 192.168.0.1? Usually people use that as router IP.
        Default slug ip is192.168.1.77

        If you use the 192.168.0.xxx in your network try in windows add a new
        ip for your PC 192.168.1.10 forxample and try again.(Tcp/ip-->advanced).

        -- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "tempop22" <tempop@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to re flash my slug with the Linksys firmware.
        >
        > I can get my slug into upgrade mode with no problems. With the slug in
        > upgrade mode I can ping 192.168.0.1 with no problems.
        >
        > However, when I run Sercomm on my windows box or upslug2 on my mac,
        > NEITHER detect my slug.
        >
        > I have checked the network settings, tried with a direct connection,
        > and even tried a different network switch. Every time I can ping the
        > slug but neither program will detect it.
        >
        > Has anyone had this problem? can help me fix it? or point me in the
        > right direction to figure it out on my own?
        >
        > Thanks in advance!

      • jim_nslu
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
          I re-flash my slug a little bit too frequently, and it keeps the IP
          settings when it goes into upgrade mode (I have it in the 192.168.0.x
          address range).

          However, if you have got multiple network cards on your machine then
          do try each of them - the Ugutil on my laptop reports a "1394 Net
          Adaptor", "Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC" and
          "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection", but only one of
          them actually works and gives me the slug.

          Also, how are you connecting up to your slug? I always use a crossover
          cable and just set my laptop to a static IP (e.g. 192.168.0.10), *and*
          ensure that I have a "default gateway" IP address set (e.g.
          192.168.0.1) (otherwise it just doesn't work). The slug is
          pre-configured (above) to a static address in the 192.168.0.x address
          range (e.g. 192.168.0.30), and the two talk quite happily.

          Jim