Re: Transfer speed using Rsync vs FTP

  • ccarrillomanzanares
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
      > > > I'd guess that your performance is constrained by the encryption
      > going
      > > > on in the SSH session.

      > How can I use rsync without encryption? Did not see the option ... but
      > there are a lot of them ;-)
      > That would also make it easier to sync different NSLU2 without that ssh-
      > key stuff.

      Yes, you're right Psychodad, how? ;-)... I was googling and found
      something about the rsync daemon, but didn't tried yet :)...

      http://transamrit.net/docs/rsync/

      Marcel, thank you, blowfish speed up to 1.3kb/s, here is the command
      for those who don't know yet:

      rsync -aru --password-file=/etc/rsync-sec --progress --delete --force
      --append --partial -e "ssh -l user -c blowfish" /Data/
      use@192.168.0.2:/Data

      I will keep looking, thank you all for the answers.

      Carlos